Release Date: November 2023
Here you will find the latest features, improvements, and bug fixes for Driver Companion.
To ensure you have the best experience using our product, we recommend updating to the latest version available.
Note: The features available to you will depend on the configuration and the current version of the Driver Companion you're using.
We are excited to announce that you can now log into Driver Companion using your fingerprint. This new feature allows your drivers to securely authenticate their login. It's a simple and efficient way to access Driver Companion, eliminating the need to enter a passcode and saving time.
Note: Biometric sign-in does not apply when signing in with an activation code.
To enable, or disable biometric sign-in:
- First, you need to set up your fingerprint in your Android device's security settings, if not already set up.
- If you have already set up your fingerprint on your Android device, the next time you log into Driver Companion a prompt will appear asking if you would like to use Biometric Login.
- Then, in your Driver Companion app navigate to the left-hand menu Settings > Device Settings.
- Locate the setting Use Biometric Login and check the box to enable or uncheck to disable.
When using the biometric login for the first time, you need to grant permission for the app to use biometrics otherwise the app will continue to use username and password for login.
Voice Commands for Job Offers
Introducing, voice commands in Driver Companion! On the Job Offer screen, you can now use your voice to accept or reject jobs. Upon enabling the setting, a microphone appears in the top-left of the screen waiting for you to say "Yes" or "Accept" to accept the job, "No" or "Reject" for rejecting, and "Cancel" to stop your current action.
Note: The voice commands feature requires the new Job Offer Screen to be enabled and the driver's phone must have its language set to English.
To enable or disable:
- In your Driver Companion app navigate to the left-hand menu Settings > Device Settings.
- Locate the setting Use Voice to Action and check the box to enable or uncheck to disable.
- Fixed: Issue where the 'Extras' field to enter extra charges on the fare screen is not showing on every job.
- Fixed: Issue where the app crashes when bidding on a cancelled job.
- Fixed: Issue where 'Driver Earnings' for 31st August were showing as zero.
To ensure Driver Companion operates and performs as designed, please make sure that your device meets the requirements listed below:
- Operating System: Android 7.0 or above
- Processor: Quad-Core or above
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 32GB
- GPS and Data Capability
- Screen Resolution: 1080p
We recommend devices running Android 10 or above, 64GB storage with 1080p resolution for the best performance.