Release Date: January 2024
Here you will find the latest features, improvements, and bug fixes for Ghost.
To ensure you have the best experience using our product, we recommend updating to the latest version available.
Note: The features available to you will depend on the configuration and the current version of Ghost you're using.
Auto Cancel Timer
A new setting has been added to Dispatch, allowing you to set a time limit for automatic cancellation of bookings when no drivers are available to fulfil them. However, there may be some situations where bookings cannot be auto-cancelled even with this setting enabled, including:
A requested vehicle or driver exists on the booking.
The booking has been allocated to a driver and is in the process of being dispatched to them.
The booking has been bid on.
The booking has a FOB allocated to it.
The booking has a reserved STC driver on it.
Note: When a booking is cancelled using this feature, it is shown as CancelledByAgent over Cab Exchange.
To configure this setting in your system:
- In Management go to to Dispatch > Dispatch Configuration > General Settings.
- Under the Auto Cancel header toggle on the Enable Auto Cancel setting.
- Use the timer to input the time limit and select the zones where the auto-cancel feature will apply.
- When passengers book a ride in any of the selected zones, their booking will automatically be cancelled if the specified time limit has elapsed.
- The passenger will be notified of the cancellation through their app.
Note: There is currently no support for independent company zones.
For further information, refer to the article Dispatch Configuration: General Settings.
Booking Controls: Card Only Setting
In Booking Controls, you can now add a 'Card Only' option when creating or modifying a rule. This option is available along with the existing Operator, Mobile App, Cab Exchange, and IVR settings. Previously, only 'Account Only' and 'Cash Only' options were available.
With this new feature, you can now enable or disable a combination of Account, Cash, and Card payments as per your preference. For instance, you can choose to only permit card and account bookings in specific zones during certain hours where you may not want to accept cash. This provides more flexibility and control over the booking sources you offer to your customers.
Support for Enabling and Disabling Vendors
Previously, you could not manually disable Cab Exchange vendors, with a workaround resulting in perpetual errors. To rectify this, we are adding an 'Enabled' property to the Cab Exchange Vendor record, which is on by default. Disabling a vendor prevents the vendor record from uploading any data to Cab Exchange, effectively disabling it.
Updating Priority Field Before Booking
The Priority field on the booking form in Booking & Dispatch now updates if the following fields cause priority to be added:
- Pickup Time (ASAP or Prebooking)
- Address Fields
The priority field on the booking form is automatically updated to indicate where the priority has been set from, e.g. "5 (Set from Capability)".
Invoice and Credit Note Templates Per Company
In Company Details, there are two new fields for Invoice Template and Credit Note Template, allowing you to select the default template for each company on a multi-company system.
This feature can be located by navigating to Management > Companies > Edit a Company > Options.
Accounts Automator: Permission
To ensure unauthorised users cannot access the Accounts Automator or modify any existing content, there is a new permission in 365 Management called Settings > Accounts Automator. This has Access and Edit properties, so users can permit or restrict the ability to view and/or edit the settings and recipes.
- In 365 Management, go to General Settings > Users > Roles > Add/Edit a Role > Accounts (365) > Accounts Automator.
- Double-click on the Tick () or Cross () icons in the Access and Edit cells to change a cell to remove or add permissions.
- Ensure to Save to apply any changes.
Vehicle & Driver Accounts: Commission Fields
In 365 Accounts, for Vehicle and Driver accounts, there are two new fields within the table 'Non Commissionable' and 'Commissionable'. These fields help clarify the commission taken by the taxi firm, displaying the values that are and are not commissionable and highlighting the breakdown of the 'All Jobs Total' value.
To add these fields to your table:
- In 365 Accounts, navigate to Job Processor > Vehicle Accounts or Driver Accounts.
- Right-click anywhere on the top column of the table.
- In the dropdown list select Customise Table.
- Scroll down the list to find 'Comissionable' and 'Non Comissionable'. Add these fields by clicking on the Plus ( + ) icon located on the right-hand side of the menu.
Removing B&D Permissions
In Management, we have removed several '365 Only' access permissions that are unnecessary and are no longer required in the system, including:
- Access: Dispatched Bookings Panel (Ghost 365 only)
- Access: Pre-Bookings Panel (Ghost 365 only)
- Access: Search Bookings Panel (Ghost 365 only)
- Access: Warning Bookings Panel (Ghost 365 only)
Cancelling a Recurring Booking
Previously, when cancelling a recurring booking on ABOP, this resulted in the entire series cancelling. To prevent accidental cancellations, users can no longer cancel recurring bookings via ABOP.
Master Invoice: Adding Sub-Invoices
In Accounts, you can now download the master invoice with its sub-invoices. When pressing the Download button (or F10) in the Job Processor, there is a new option to Download Invoice (with sub-invoices).
Booking Controls & The Wall: Redundant Chatbot Options
To ensure Management stays up-to-date, we have removed the redundant Chatbot option from the options available when creating or modifying a rule in Booking Controls.
Similarly, all settings associated with Chatbot have been removed from the Wall and the table has been updated to remove the Chatbot column.
Automated Coverage: Improvements
Due to high CPU usage across all systems during the midnight calculations for automated coverage, we are changing and improving the system's rollout process to improve performance.
Sending Archived Bookings: New Field
For sending archived booking records via RecordSender, there is a new field 'completedByCompanyID' to clarify which company completed the job.
Updated Flight Querying
To reduce the number of calls to our third-party APIs, the system will only track flight status 30 minutes before the booking is due to be dispatched.
Removal of Legacy E-Booking Module
We have discontinued support for our legacy e-booking module in Ghost and removed all instances to improve system efficiency.
Shortcodes via Cab Exchange
We have made it so that capabilities that have been disabled cannot be passed to bookings from CX (Cab Exchange).
Cab Exchange: Recovering Specific Driver Bookings
To ensure proper operations, we have ensured that it is not possible to recover bookings for specific Cab Exchange vehicles under any circumstances, even before the passenger boards. However, bookings without a designated vehicle can be recovered.
Cab Exchange: Sending/Receiving Messages
We have added support for sending and receiving messages between agent and driver via the Cab Exchange.
- Fixed: Issue where the booking pickup time is not updating when a flight arrival time changes.
- Fixed: Issue causing exception errors when bookings with a flight number are automatically updated due to flight delays, etc.
- Fixed: Performance issues affecting the main Ghost server relating to the invoice retrieve endpoint.
- Fixed: Issue where passengers with low ratings can book through Cab Exchange, even with a booking control prohibiting them.
- Fixed: Issue where there are invalid dates in certain places, e.g. columns in B&D, the global search page and the warnings page.
- Fixed: Issue where the F10 command to add card payment to a booking after entering a promo code results in the default price setting the original price, before the promo was applied.
- Fixed: Issue where the booking pickup time is not updating when the flight arrival time changes.
- Fixed: Issue where the 'Time Entered Zone' field on the Driver Screen displays the time as an hour behind.
- Fixed: Issue the ‘Time Stamp' field on the vehicle tracking information export no longer includes the seconds.
- Fixed: Issue where a booking receipt sent from 365 is showing as blank.
- Fixed: Issue where the 'Gratuity Amount' and 'Gratuity Setting Value' docket fields show on invoices without a currency symbol and to the incorrect number of decimal places.
- Fixed: Issue where a Pay By Link text message sent from 365 is not populating the tags with the correct information.
- Fixed: Issue where the connection error message would not display when searching for a payment transaction, the jobs tab on DC or checking for a duplicate Judopay payment which archiveDB is offline.
- Fixed: Issue occurring when the archive database goes down, Judopay Pay By Link payments fail to save in Ghost.
- Fixed: Issue with the missing .resx file watermark.
- Fixed: Issue where anyone can access the Accounts Automator without permission.
- Fixed: Issue when attempting to search in the Booking Totals report is resulting in an error message.
- Fixed: Issue where a suspended driver can still bid on prebookings when offline.
- Fixed: Issue when invoicing dockets with two date and times fields (from the time zone feature) the translation key for pickup times was missing on both invoices.
- Fixed: Issue with the CalledBackAt field displaying an invalid time.
- Fixed: Issue where the active bidding list in Driver Companion does not take into account any priority set when displaying bookings.
- Fixed: Issue where the value of the TransactionDate for an invoice in Customer Transactions is incorrectly showing as the created date when it should be the Invoice Date.
- Fixed: Issue where disabling a blocklisted address still incorrectly blocks the address in Ghost Windows and the passenger app.
- Fixed: Issue where the Google map in Ghost is broken due to a change made by Google.
- Fixed: Issue where the booking quote is incorrect when using progressive tariffing for a pricing zone.
- Fixed: Issue when attempting to email a credit sheet to a driver with no transactions results in the email not sending.
- Fixed: Issue with the Master Invoice Template Editor causing the inability to edit the subdocument.
- Fixed: Issue where an operator cannot shout 0 Fare when a vehicle has 'Allow Pick Up if External Meter is Disconnected' enabled in their MDT Config Group settings.
- Fixed: Issue where the route calculation for price estimate does not use the pick-up due time.
- Fixed: Issue, where CX offers for account bookings, were available to book and offered to drivers even when disabling the option in Booking Controls.
- Fixed: Issue in Document Sender where a document does not send if the 'Scheduled For' time is in the past. Now, if setting the value in the past, the document is sent immediately.
- Fixed: Issue where it is possible to create an as-directed booking with a return time in Booking & Dispatch.
- Fixed: Issue where passenger reliability is not displaying on mobile app bookings.
- Fixed: Issue when changing a setting in Driver Account Settings results in the unintentional alteration of the prebook bidding fields.
- Fixed: Issue happening if a driver is assigned to a prebooking that is part of a repeat run and is requested on all repeats upon rejecting the prebooking the driver is removed from the full repeat series instead of just the one prebooking.
- Fixed: Issue where the 'Vehicle Arrived At Time/Time Vehicle Arrived' field displays invalid data when it should be blank.
- Fixed: Issue where the pickup time value sent to VTC is not accepted if it is before the communication time, which is the current time.
- Fixed: Issue when sending archived bookings via the Record Sender, the 'CostSource' and 'PricingTariff' fields are truncated to 50 characters, which is insufficient. The limit is now 150 characters.
- Fixed: Issue where historic invoices for purged accounts cannot be downloaded or viewed.
- Fixed: Issue occurring when trying to create a master invoice from standard invoices.
- Fixed: Issue when LynkPay is used to make the payment at the end of a journey, Driver Companion is not updating to confirm the successful transaction.
- Fixed: Issue where booking a job through an agent that is a couple of minutes ahead incorrectly puts the job into advanced bookings instead of ASAP.
To ensure Ghost operates and performs as designed, please make sure that your device meets the requirements listed below:
- Operating System: Windows 10 or newer
- Processor: AMD 3600 or better, Intel i5 10th gen or better
- Storage: Solid State Drive (SSD) or Non-volatile Memory express
- 50GB free disk space (100GB recommended)
- RAM: 8GB RAM (16GB recommended)
- Internet Connection