The Variable Fares screen is where you can create variable fare templates to be applied to your tariffs.
To access this screen:
- Click on Variable Fares from the Pricing and Payments > Templates dropdown menu.
Add a variable fare
To add a new variable fare:
- Click on the Add button on the right-hand side.
- Enter any required details (marked with an asterisk *):
Name: Enter a unique name for the template.
Description: Enter a basic description for the template.
Company: Select which company this template applies to.
- Configure the rates using the fare builder.
Yellow: Minimum and maximum values for the tariff.
Green: Fare stages of the tariff.
Blue: Waiting time stages for the tariff.
For example, if you wanted to set up a tariff starting at £5 with the first 2 miles free, and charging £2 after the first 2 miles, you would set this up as follows.
Note: A new tariff block will appear underneath the default blocks when you enter a value into the To (mi) or To (mins) fields.
- Check the fare breakdown in the right-hand table.
As you can see from our example the cost and price is increasing by £2 after the second mile.
- Then click Create.
By default, the fare will automatically be applied to the 'Default' capability.
To change which capability the fare applies to:
- Click on Add Capability.
- Select a capability from the list and click Confirm.
- Then click I'm Sure to clone the fare to each capability.
The fare breakdown table will then be updated with the added capabilities.
To change the fare for each capability added:
- Click on Capability Tariff.
- Select a capability.
- Then edit the fare builder to update the fare for the selected capability.