The Charging Areas screen is where you can create route-based fare templates to be applied to your tariffs.
This is useful for creating templates for areas with additional costs such as tolls, congestion and emission limits.
To access this screen:
- Click on Charging Areas from the Pricing and Payments > Templates dropdown menu.
Note: If you have no charging zones configured, then go to Pricing and Payments > Area Groups > Charing Zones and set them up before continuing.
Add charging area template
To add a new charging area template:
- Click on the Add button on the right-hand side.
- Configure the template settings:
Name: Enter a unique name for the template.
Description: Enter a basic description of the template.
Company: Select which company the template applies to.
- Click on the Add button again on the right-hand side.
- Create a custom schedule for this charging area:
Charging Zone Set: Select a charging zone set.
Include/ Exclude: Select if the charging zone should be active or disabled during the set schedule.
Schedule: Configure your custom schedule for this charging zone.
For example, below we have configured the charging zone to be active on a weekly basis, on Saturday and Sunday, between 4 pm and 7 pm when traffic is most congested.
- Then click Add and Create.
Once a template is created, you can then apply it to your tariffs.