The Booking Form screen is where you can create and edit passenger bookings.
To access this screen:
- Press the Space key or click on the shortcut button from the Dispatch screen.
The left-hand section contains the new booking form and is used for viewing and entering the booking details.
Note: Remember to fill out as many details as is necessary for a booking, since more details will equal a better-estimated price and route.
- Pickup Time: Set the pickup time using by pressing Delete then using the Arrow keys, or using the Calendar icon.
- Pickup, Via, Destination: Enter and select an address.
- Name: The passenger’s name.
- Company: Select a company to place the booking under.
- Driver Note: An optional note for the driver.
- Telephone: The passenger’s telephone number.
- Capabilities: Select needed capabilities for the booking.
- Passengers: How many passengers there will be.
- Requested Vehicles: Specify which vehicles the booking can be allocated to.
- Requested Drivers: Specify which drivers the booking can be allocated to.
- Account: Select an account to allocate the booking to.
- Your Reference: Specify a custom booking reference.
- Our Reference: Specify a custom booking reference.
- Priority: Set the priority level of the booking.
- Return Time: Set the return time if the passenger requires a return trip.
- Return Flight Info: Add return flight information for the driver.
- Luggage: How much luggage will be brought.
- Repeat Days: Set if the booking should be repeated on certain days.
- Repeat End Time: Set when the repeated bookings should end.
- Booking Suspension Group: Select a booking suspension group to suspend bookings at certain times.
- Flight Info: Add flight information for the driver.
- Office Note: An optional note for your office.
- Loyalty Card: Add a loyalty card number.
- Customer Email: Enter the passenger’s email so they can receive a receipt.
- Release Code: Add a custom release code a driver must enter to release the job.
- No CLI Statistics Available: Add a passengers number to view their call statistics.
Placing a booking
To place a booking:
- Enter the booking details in the booking form.
- Then click on Book.
Note: If you wish to 'Hold' the booking before it is dispatched, then simply click on 'Book and Hold'.
If a passenger has made a booking in the past then the following options will also show:
- Completed: How many bookings the passenger has completed.
- Cancelled: How many bookings the passenger has cancelled.
- No Job: How many bookings were no job.
- Previous Bookings: View previous bookings.
- CLI: Select the Calling Line Identification settings for this passenger.
- IVR: Select the Interactive Voice Response settings for this passenger.
- R/B: Select the Ringback/Textback settings for this passenger.
- T/B: Select the Textback settings for this passenger.
Note: These options will only show if a telephone number has been entered in the booking details.
To open a previous booking:
- Click on the Previous Bookings button.
- Then double-click or press the Enter key while on a selected booking.
Booking Form Customisation
To customise the booking form:
- Click on the (Cog) icon in the right-hand corner of the form.
- Click on the Form Group Edit icon to view the individual fields.
Customise each field:
Custom Name: Double-click to enter a custom name for the field.
Visible: Click to toggle if the field is visible (Tick) or hidden (Cross).
Mandatory: Click to toggle if the field is mandatory (Tick) or optional (Cross).
F1: Move a field up the list order.
F2: Move a field down the list order.
- Then click OK to save the changes.
The right-hand section contains booking panels with various booking details and is updated based on what has been entered.
This panel provides a timeline of any upcoming prebookings during the same booking period.
This panel provides an average estimated time of dispatch-to-arrival.
This panel provides a quote for the booking including the approximate distance, price, and tariff (If configured).
Note: A yellow notification may be displayed below the quote during busy periods if the 'The Wall' feature has been configured.
This panel provides a route overview of the booking between the pickup and destination:
- Zoom: The map can be zoomed In/Out of using the mouse scroll wheel.
- Map Zones: The map zones can be toggled ON/OFF by clicking the (grid) icon.
This panel provides an overview of each zone the booking route may pass through, and provides details of vehicles in the zones and their status.
The bottom section also contains shortcuts that are useful for quickly executing certain functions.
- Ctrl+F6 (Add Fixed Price): Add a fixed price tariff to the booking.
- Ctrl+F8 (Send Booking Receipt): Manually send a booking receipt to the passenger.
- Ctrl+X (Exchange): Exchange the booking via Cab Exchange.
- End (Book): Place the booking.
- Esc (Close): Close the active page or popup.
- F1 (CLI Options): Select the Calling Line Identification settings for this passenger.
- F10 (Card Payment): Setup a card payment for the booking.
- F2 (CLI Bookings): View previous CLI bookings made by the passenger.
- F3 (Copy): Copy the booking information to your clipboard.
- F4 (Paste): Paste the copied booking information.
- F5 (Copies): Create multiple copies of the booking.
- F6 (Previous Booking): View the last previous booking made by the passenger.
- F7 (Job Templates): Open a job template for the booking.
- Home (Book and Hold): Place a booking and Hold it before dispatching.
- Insert (Price): Manually set the booking price.