The Shift Patterns screen allows you to create shift patterns that control when a driver is allowed to work and log in/out of Driver Companion.
To access this screen:
- Click on Shift Patterns from the Drivers/Vehicles dropdown menu.
Add a shift pattern
To add a new shift pattern:
- Click on the Add button on the right-hand side.
- Configure the shift pattern:
Enabled: Toggle to enable or disable the shift pattern.
Name: The name of the shift pattern.
Table: Select a status, then drag and drop to fill the table with shift statuses:
Not Working: The time in which a driver is not working.
Working: The time in which a driver is working.
Can Start: The time in which a driver can start their shift.
Can Finish: The time in which a driver can finish their shift.
Can Start and Finish: The time in which a driver can start or finish their shift.
- Then click Create.
Note: Any drivers who do not have a shift pattern assigned to them will be able to start & finish their shifts at any time.
There are also additional options you can configure for a shift pattern:
- Rolling Shift Options: Enable to add rotating shifts over different days.
- Start Date/Time: Set which day the shift pattern should start on.
- Rest Days: The days in which the shift pattern will be skipped.
- Pattern Days: The day frequency for the shift pattern.
- Working Hours Limits: Set how long a driver can work during a shift, and how long they need to rest.
- Maximum Length of a Single Period On Duty: Set to the maximum length of a shift.
- Maximum Rest Between Periods On Duty: The amount of time between shifts where a driver must rest.
- Max. Working Time During A Single Period On Duty: The total number of hours a driver can work during a single shift.
- Days Over Which To Monitor On Duty History: How many days to monitor a driver’s shift before reset.
- Show Rest Countdown (mins): Set to show a countdown on Driver Companion when nearing a rest period.
- Maximum Time On Duty During The On Duty History Period: Set to prevent driver’s from working if they exceed their monitor shift hours.
Note: A driver can only be assigned to one Shift Pattern.