The Charging Zones screen allows you to create charging zones by drawing/plotting them on the map.
This is useful for adding charges to zones that have tolls, emission fees or congestion charges.
To access this screen:
- Click on Charging Zones from the Pricing and Payments > Area Groups dropdown menu.
Add charging zone
To add a new charging zone:
- Click on the Add button on the right-hand side.
- Configure the charging zone settings:
Name: Enter a unique name for the charging zone.
Description: A basic description of the charging zone.
Companies: Select which company(s) the charging zone applies to.
- Next, click on the (Polycon) icon on the right-hand side.
- Click on the map to create a Start point for the zone.
- Click again to plot multiple points to create a zone.
Note: Please ensure you click the Start point again to complete the zone.
- Enter a name for the new pricing zone and click Confirm.
- Then click on the zone's (Cog) icon from the Zones list.
- Configure the pricing settings for the zone:
Copy From: If available, you can copy the settings from another zone you've already configured.
Include In Driver Commission: Enable to include the additional pricing in a driver's commission.
Limit To One Charge Per Job: Enable to only charge once per booking through zones.
Add Exception: Select another capability to give it different pricing compared to the default pricing.
Price/ Cost: Enter a monetary amount that will be charged.
- Click Confirm.
For our example, we have plotted two zones, one for central Manchester and another for the local university area.
- Then click Save.
Note: You can add multiple pricing zones by clicking on the (Polygon) icon again.