Here you will find the latest features, improvements, and bug fixes for Ghost.
To ensure you have the best experience using Ghost, we recommend always updating to the latest version available.
Note: The features available to you within Ghost will depend on your company's configuration of Ghost and the current version you're using.
Added driver command 980 to cancel a pay-by-link payment. This is treated the same as payment failure.
A new screen is available in the Ghost > Management to store 'Insurance Provider' settings which are required before drivers can be able to send shift details to Zego.
Payment Module Settings
In the payment module settings, the checkboxes for Pay-by-link have been replaced with a drop-down with 4 options: "Disabled", "Sent by operator", "Automatic - when booking is made", and "Sent by driver".
Pay By Link
When the pay-by-link mode is set to "Sent by driver", the MDT can include a flag when shouting a fare to indicate the passenger wishes to pay by card. In this case, a payment link is sent to the passenger by SMS and also sent to the MDT to allow a QR code to be displayed. The vehicle isn't cleared until the payment is completed. If the payment fails, a "payment required" message is sent to the MDT.
Design improvements were made to the pay-by-link landing page to make translations more user friendly.
An update to the automated pay-by-link message so that it uses an expiry time of 60 minutes for the payment link.
New feature to send pay-by-link text messages automatically for all fixed price bookings on creation.
Improved the algorithm for the time taken used by the straight-line route calculator.
Fees on Shout
The calculation of fees on shout now includes the payment fee, if applicable.
The setting is now "App bookings Instant Dispatch Only" and now also blocks advanced bookings. When the setting is on, bid or availability requests from the app for an advanced booking will return failure code 32 with the message "Bookings can't currently be made in advance in the app".
The setting still affects availability requests like usual, but non-specific bid requests are now accepted if there is a suitable vehicle available for Instant Dispatch.
Prevent Late Prebookings: Start
The 'Start' setting for Prevent late prebookings is now limited to no more than 8 hours.
When a driver changes their 'Work Filter', the booking and vehicle data messages will be sent immediately so the driver sees the correct data with the new colours.
Drivers can request a breakdown for a zone of bookings and vehicles by capabilities in their work filter.
Prevent Late Prebookings (FKA Prebook Mode)
Renamed prebook mode to "Prevent Late Prebookings".
A warning is now shown when requesting a driver who will be made late for a prebooking. Removed bogus warnings when editing a vehicle's next pre-booking, or a booking that is after it.
New mobile prefixes have been introduced in Kenya and added check for new Kenyan mobile number prefixes for Textback.
- Fixed: An exception was being thrown when the zone broadcast and multi-company independent zones were both enabled, while there was an active booking whose pickup is not in any zone for a driver's company.
- Fixed: The zone broadcast was including bookings that were suggested for soon-to-clear vehicles.
- Fixed: A change in version 17.000.158 was causing the booking form to complain that the pickup time was in the past when trying to make an ASAP booking in the hour after the clock went back.
- Fixed: Issue with the Ghost time synchronisation mechanism causing it to set the time to 1 hour earlier after already setting the clock back.
- Fixed: An exception was thrown in the Advanced Booking panel when looking at the day after the clocks went back if there was a repeat booking whose next occurrence was in the first hour of this day.
- Fixed: Issue where Ghost would display the incorrect clock time of 1 hour following the end
of daylight savings.
- Fixed: The "Switch meter on reminder" feature checkbox wasn't showing in MDT config groups.
- Fixed: An exception was thrown when receiving a zone data enquiry, multi-company independent zones were enabled, and when there was an active booking whose pickup is not in any zone for the driver's company.
- Fixed: A new booking will not be added to an operator's shift when a repeat booking drops to active and a new occurrence is created, or when one occurrence of a repeat booking is edited.
- Fixed: Added missing translation "Card" on the operator bookings breakdown panel.
- Fixed: Added missing data log translations "Insurance provider start shift error", "Insurance provider end shift error" and "Third-party authorising payment".
- Fixed: When dispatching a booking as a green offer, the penalty times sent to the MDT are zero.
- Fixed: Capabilities cannot be deleted if they are being used on a fixed tariff with the capability.
- Fixed: For charging areas to work with the MDT meters, the booking ID will always be sent to MDTs when dispatching bookings.
- Fixed: Issue where pay-by-link against a return booking would not set the return booking to EasyPay.
- Fixed: Issue where pay-by-link landing page translations would not add the date, time, or price fields properly.
- Fixed: Multi-pickup dockets were being split into account and cash dockets when the first pickup had an account and the others didn't.
- Fixed: If there were pickups with different accounts and also pickups that didn't have an
account, then an error message was being displayed.
- Fixed: Removed duplicate capabilities columns when exporting the CSV template for drivers and vehicles, and removed unnecessary special handling for capabilities when importing drivers and vehicles from CSV.
- Fixed: SQL error that could occur when searching for archived bookings in a date range that crosses the local storage limit (30 days ago).
- Fixed: When using VAT mode 'Add to profit and service charge' in invoicing alongside the service charge fees, the VAT charge would be double the expected amount.
- Fixed: If a booking fee (with price uplift) and service charge fee were being applied to a booking, then the service charge would be incorrectly calculated from the price before the booking fee had been added.
- Fixed: Removed the restriction on making cap bookings with a repeat schedule.
- Fixed: When using the booking fee or kickback fee uplift mode 'Off (Deduct from driver)', the fee-based driver commission wouldn't be calculated correctly in the archived booking or when recalculating on the docket in dockets checks and posting.
- Fixed: When calculating a driver commission the system would remove any booking fee or cash account fee from the cost before calculating the commission, regardless of if these fees had been added to the cost or not (dependent on setting).
- Fixed: The driver commission will now be correctly calculated when the driver shouts the price back.
- Fixed: Resolve merging issues from SumUp work
- Fixed: The change in version 17.000.035 caused vehicles to go to the top of the queue in any zone when the no-fare modes "original queue position" and "any zone" were both disabled.
- Fixed: Renamed prebook mode to "Prevent Late Prebookings".
- Fixed: Removed bogus warnings when editing a vehicle's next pre-booking, or a booking that is after it.
- Fixed: Restored the settings temporarily removed in rev 17.000.016.
- Fixed: The change in version 17.001.103 caused the desktop client to fail to start if it had a different
.Net version to the server.
- Fied: The parameter editor in the system metrics module settings now prevents adding parameter names that only differ by character case.
- Fixed: The cost of dispatched and completed bookings was counted against each driver and vehicle requested on the booking instead of against the driver to which it was actually dispatched.
- Fixed: Drivers who aren't working didn't have the cost of active and advanced bookings with their vehicle requested counted against them.
- Fixed: Archive data migration issues when upgrading to the newer version of Ghost.
- Fixed: Creating booking notes didn't work on some systems.
- Fixed: Null reference when editing a booking and showing current bookings for the same phone number when "Use time zones" was enabled.
- Fixed: Exception thrown when trying to sort lists of dockets by 'local' or 'passenger pickup due time' when "Use time zones" was enabled.
- Fixed: Changing parameters now take effect immediately instead of requiring system metrics to be turned off and on again.
- Fixed: Issue that caused new customer accounts to always default to the default company.
- Fixed: Issue in version 17.000.046 that broke the driver commission feature if you only had one driver commission fee on the pricing rule.
- Fixed: Issue with an empty end date on date range while editing repeat bookings not working properly.
- Fixed: Exception thrown when fetching an invoice from the server which doesn't have a payment reference set.
- Fixed: When exporting GPS Tracks files the BookingID had the incorrect name.
- Fixed: Removed check for fare being non-zero when a third party payment is confirmed. The fare will be zero if using a fixed price and it wasn't sent to the MDT.
- Fixed: When recalculating price/cost in dockets when choosing price only the driver commission fee would be recalculated when it should have been left as it is.
- Fixed: The booking totals report no longer loads all bookings for the specified date range into RAM at once.
- Fixed: When a customer is specified, the booking totals report now only fetches archived bookings for that customer.
- Fixed: The "Discount Amount" and "Discount Per Docket" fields were hidden on printed invoices when the discount was a fixed amount, and the "Service Charge Amount" field was hidden when the service charge was a fixed amount.
- Fixed: The percentage sign is no longer shown on the "Discount" or "Service Charge" fields of customers when shown in lists or printed, as they aren't always percentages. These fields can no longer be shown on invoices, as they were confused with the fields above.
- Fixed: When creating an address 'booking tag' in 365 with a full address, the match type was always being set to StreetAnyHouse, but if a house number is specified it should be StreetExactHouse.
- Fixed: When upgrading from a version older than 17.001.015, zones with broken backup zones are reset to the default backup zone.
- Fixed: A major rezone was removing all backup zones. It now resets all zones to the default backup zone.
- Fixed: When the warnings manager detected that the vehicle was going to be late it would send the message to the driver twice.
- Fixed: Automatic soon-to-clear no longer is now activated immediately on picking up if the pick-up and drop-off are in the same zone, and also activated when a busy vehicle is plotted into the zone it is already located in (this happens when changing the destination on a booking to the zone the vehicle is in.
- Fixed: Since version 16 it was no longer possible to manually insert a negative price or cost on a docket.
- Fixed: The change in version 16.001.559 caused problems when not using multi-company zones. Replaced the hotfix with a check done when saving advanced backup zones.
- Fixed: Phantom wallboard stats 'booking counts' reporting incorrectly due to moving bookings between tables being counted numerous times.
- Fixed: The change in version 15.001.316 caused view links in property grids to be shown as "Edit".