The Zones screen is where you can create and configure custom zones.
This is a useful way of breaking up areas into different sections, which makes the dispatching of work smoother and allows your operators to clearly see where your bookings and vehicles are.
To access this screen:
- Click on Zones from the Dispatch dropdown menu.
Add a zone
To add a new zone:
- Click on the Add button on the right-hand side.
- Enter the required details (marked with an asterisk *) within each tab.
- Then click Create.
The Zone Details tab is where you'll want to enter the basic details for the zone.
- Active: Toggle to enable or disable the zone.
- Colour: Toggle to add a unique colour to identify the zone.
- Name: Enter the zone name in full.
- Descriptor: Enter a unique descriptor such as a short name or abbreviation for your zone (E.g. HG for Heald Green).
- Booking Company: Select which company the zone is used with.
- MDT Zone ID: Enter an MDT Zone ID that a driver's terminal will use to identify each zone.
- Average ETA For Mobile Apps (mins): Set the average ETA in minutes for this zone.
- Included In The Broadcast: Enable to include this zone when broadcasting zone information.
The Configuration tab allows you to configure how the zone behaves.
- Bidding Mode: Select if drivers can bid for jobs from or for this zone.
- Bid Mode For Zone: Select how the system will handle bids from drivers for this zone.
- Zone Type: Select which type of zone it is.
- Maximum Bidding Distance For Zone: Set the maximum bidding distance for allowing drivers to bid for jobs in this zone.
- Delay Bid Allocation Time: Set how long a job must be active in this zone before it can be bid on.
- Soon To Clear Backup Zones: Set how many backup zones will be considered for jobs with a pickup in this zone.
- Soon To Clear Time: When a driver is in this zone and has used the soon to clear command, set how long they can be in the 'Soon to Clear' status, before being returned to 'Busy'.
- Force Replot Before Clearing: Enable to force a driver to replot their location before clearing.
- Replot Here If No Job: If a driver has no job, replot them in this zone.
- Use Clear Out Of Range Tolerance: If enabled, drivers will be unable to clear from jobs that have a destination within this zone, if they are outside of the set range tolerance.
- Disable Job Recover Penalty: Select if drivers should receive a job penalty or not for recovering jobs in this zone.
- Disable Job Reject Penalty: Select if drivers should receive a job penalty or not for rejecting jobs in this zone.
- Delay Backup Zones Allocation Time: Set how long the system will wait before re-allocating active jobs in this zone to available backup zones.
- Extra Queue Positions: Set how many extra queue positions a vehicle may have for other zones, while in this zone (E.g. 0-2).
The Geolocation Settings tab contains additional settings for allowing plotting in the zone.
- Permit Auto Plot In: Enable to allow drivers to be automatically replotted into this zone.
- Permit Auto Plot Out: Enable to allow drivers to be automatically replotted out of this zone.
- Permit Manual Plot In: Enable to allow drivers to manually replotted themselves in this zone.
- Permit Manual Plot Out: Enable to allow drivers to manually replotted themselves out of this zone.
- Auto Plot Tolerance (m): Set how far in metres from the zone centre, that the Auto Plot can plot vehicles in this zone.
- Manual Plot In Tolerance: Set how far in metres from the zone centre, that a driver must be within to manually plot into this zone.