The Auto Attendants screen allows you to configure how incoming calls are handled, and what greetings and prompts should be played to a customer.
This is useful for ensuring the customer knows exactly what action they want to take, who they need to speak to, and about what. This can also help to keep your lines clear of customer queries that may not be relevant to the answering operator.
To access this screen:
- Click on Auto Attendant from the Routing menu.
Create an Auto Attendant
To create a new auto-attendant:
- Click on Create New Auto Attendant in the top-right.
- Configure the Auto Attendant settings.
- Then click Save.
- Name: Enter a unique name for the auto-attendant.
- Timeout: Set how long the auto-attendant will wait before timing out.
- Re-Prompt Limit: Set how many times the auto-attendant will prompt again.
- Greeting Message: Select and add which message should be played for the greeting.
- Greetings: This field will show messages added as greetings.
- Prompt: Select and add which recording should be played for the prompt.
- Prompts: This field will show recordings added to a prompt.
- Key Press Options:
- Recording: Select and add which recording should be played for this action.
- Recordings: This field will show added recordings.
- Action: Select which action will activate the recording (E.g. Login).