The New Booking screen is where you can create and edit passenger bookings.
To access this screen:
- Press the Space key or click on the shortcut button from the Bookings screen.
The left-hand section contains the new booking form and is used for viewing and entering the booking details.
Note: Remember to fill out as many details as is necessary for a booking, since more details will equal a better-estimated price and route.
- Date/time: Set the pickup time using by pressing Delete and then using the Arrow keys.
- Return Time: Set the return time if the passenger requires a return trip.
- Flight Info: Add flight information for the driver.
- Pickup, Via, Destination: Enter and select an address.
- Name: The passenger’s name.
- Driver Note: An optional note for the driver.
- Telephone: The passenger’s telephone number.
- Capabilities: Select needed capabilities for the booking.
- Passengers: How many passengers there will be.
- Req. Vehicles: Specify which vehicles the booking can be allocated to.
- Req. Drivers: Specify which drivers the booking can be allocated to.
- Account: Select an account to allocate the booking to.
- Your Reference: Specify a custom booking reference.
- Our Reference: Specify a custom booking reference.
- Priority: Set the priority level of the booking.
- Return Flight Info: Add return flight information for the driver.
- Luggage: How much luggage will be brought.
- Repeat Days: Set if the booking should be repeated on certain days.
- Suspension Group: Select a booking suspension group to suspend bookings at certain times.
- Company: Select a company to place the booking under.
- Office Note: An optional note for your office.
- Loyalty Card: Add a loyalty card number.
- Customer Email: Enter the passenger’s email so they can receive a receipt.
Placing a booking
To place a booking:
- Enter the booking details in the booking form.
- Then click on Book.
Note: If you wish to 'Hold' the booking before it is dispatched, then simply click on 'Book and Hold'.
If a passenger has made a booking in the past then the following options will also show:
- Completed: How many bookings the passenger has completed.
- Cancelled: How many bookings the passenger has cancelled.
- No Fare: How many bookings were no fare.
- CLI: Select the Calling Line Identification settings for this passenger.
- IVR: Select the Interactive Voice Response settings for this passenger.
- R/B: Select the Ringback/Textback settings for this passenger.
Note: These options will only show if a telephone number has been entered in the booking details.
Booking Form Customisation
To customise the booking form:
- Click on the (Down Arrow) icon in the right-hand corner of the form and click on Customise.
- Right-click to customise each field, or use the icons on the right-hand side.
- Then click OK to save the changes.
This screen also contains booking panels with various booking details. These panels are updated based on what has been entered.
This panel provides a timeline of any upcoming prebookings during the same booking period.
This panel provides an average estimated time of dispatch-to-arrival.
This panel provides a quote for the booking including the approximate distance, price, and tariff (If configured).
This panel provides an overview of the booking pickup and destination:
- Zoom: The map can be zoomed In/Out of using the mouse scroll wheel.
This panel provides an overview of each zone the booking route may pass through, and provides details of vehicles in the zones and their status.
The bottom section also contains shortcuts that are useful for quickly executing certain functions.
- End (Save): Place the booking.
- Home (Save & Hold): Place a booking and Hold it before dispatching.
- Ctrl + F1 (Add Note): Add a note to the booking.
- Ctrl + F2 (Notes): View any notes for the booking.
- Alt + F2 (Change History): View the change history for the booking.
- Ctrl + F3 (Website): Open your company website.
- Ctrl + F6 (Add Fixed Price): Add a fixed price tariff to the booking.
- Insert (Price): Manually set the booking price.
- Ctrl + X (Exchange): Exchange the booking via Cab Exchange.
- F3 (Copy): Copy the booking information to your clipboard.
- F4 (Paste): Paste the copied booking information.
- F7 (Template): Open a template for the booking.
- F12 (Ringback): Open the ringback options popup.