Here you will find the latest features, improvements, and bug fixes for Ghost.
To ensure you have the best experience using Ghost, we recommend always updating to the latest version available.
Note: The features available to you within Ghost will depend on your company's configuration of Ghost and the current version you're using.
The Wall: Accounts Compatibility
A new setting has been added to Wall Scenarios called "Accounts" and allows you to select specific accounts that will then be affected by the scenario.
Note: The "Affects Account Bookings" toggle must be enabled to view the new setting, and when both independent booking controls and independent accounts are enabled, only accounts matching the scenario's company can be selected.
The "Affects Card Bookings" setting has also been added to The Wall scenarios and will default to enabled to match previous behaviour.
Bid for Pre-booking: Enable Prebooking Notification
A new setting has been added to the Dispatch settings that allow you to control pre-booking notifications within Driver Companion:
Off: If selected, the top pre-booking notification will be disabled.
When Clear: If selected, the pre-booking notification will only appear if a driver is "Clear".
Always: If selected, the pre-booking notification will always appear when a new pre-booking is available.
Reward Schemes: Show/Hide Reward balance to driver
A new setting has been added to the Loyalty Reward Schemes screen, that allows you to control whether a passenger's reward code balance is shown to the driver at the end of a booking:
- Show driver loyalty balance: Enable to display the customer's reward balance to drivers at the end of a booking.
Independent Queues: Multicompany Vehicles
There is now a third option in the Multicompany settings for Independent Queue Positions that allows you to show vehicles for any companies that another company is sharing.
- On (Vehicles respect share rules): Show vehicles for any companies that another company is sharing too.
This is useful for when a number of companies share work but others don't, so the vehicles shown to drivers on the Driver Companion will only be those drivers for companies where work is shared.
Template Editor: Basic
A new "Template Editor" button has been added to the Ghost dashboard and allows 365 users to use a stripped-back version of Ghost to access the Template Editor. This can be enabled for specific users by allowing the "Access: Template Editor" permission in User Permissions > Management Permissions.
The "Driver Name Visibility" setting in the Cab Exchange > Settings will now be overridden by default and set to "Both" for bookings made through iGo.
iGo: Availability Filter
Added an experimental "Availability Filter" for bookings through Cab Exchange.
Note: Experimental settings are hidden by default and can only be changed by an Autocab Engineer.
Last Cancelled Time
The "last cancelled time" is now stored within the average booking stats for each zone and capability. This value is used if the "last dispatch time" is less than the "last cancelled time".
Note: This value will also affect the ETA, The Wall, and quoted dispatch times within the Cab Exchange.
A new "Company" column has been added to the customer/account import feature, that allows you to specify which company the imported customer is assigned to.
A meter shout from the Ghost pricing meter will now replace the price on fixed price bookings and allows a waiting time and extras to be added to the fare. This change was due to shouted fares being ignored on fixed price bookings.
Permissions: Incremental Release Code
The "Incremental Release Code" permission has now been moved from Management > User Permissions > Booking Permissions, and is instead on the New User Permission screen and can be enabled or disabled.
The bank payment reconciler now imports PayPal records with the type "Direct Credit Card Payment". These are card payments made through the Passenger App that are processed by PayPal.
Renamed card reader type "SumUp" to "SumUp (Pay Company)" and added new type "SumUp (Pay Driver)".
Mandatory Fields for iGo
The following fields are now required to ensure iGo bookings function correctly:
- Drivers: Forename, Surname
- Vehicles: Make, Model, Colour, Registration
A new message will also be displayed when accessing Management, informing users of any records that are missing required information.
- Red highlights: Records with missing required information in the Drivers and Vehicle lists will be highlighted in red.
Note: An iGo booking cannot be dispatched to a driver or vehicle if they are missing required information.
Block List/Valued List: Email
A new alternative field has been added to the Block List/Valued Lists called ‘Email’ that allows you to set customers as blocked or valued based on their email address.
- Fixed: Null reference exception when bidding due to mistake when merging in the cancellation and no fare charges changes made in version 18.000.204.
- Fixed: Zero fares from the Ghost pricing meter no longer override fixed prices.
- Fixed: Null reference exception with the availability filter if the suggestion algorithm hadn't yet run due to there being no active bookings.
- Fixed: Added missing columns to the "offline fixed pricing zones matrices" table, which caused pricing zone information to be lost.
- Fixed: Null reference exception when trying to change zone IVR statuses.
- Fixed: For Cab Exchange locked price bookings, the locked price will only apply if the booking has been completed. If the booking is cancelled or a no-fare, then any configured fees will be used.
- Fixed: Advanced bookings are no longer shown with the status "HELD" if they are in a held zone, only if they've been manually held.
- Fixed: Individual background tasks in Accounts can now be cancelled if they have not been completed yet.
- Fixed: Any charging areas that are not included in a template are now ignored when finding the charging areas that the calculated route will go through.
- Fixed: The "Hold Booking" reject mode didn't work due to changes made in version 18.000.101.
- Fixed: Error when invoicing a customer while a docket has a loyalty card set up and record sender is set up for third parties (in record sender module settings).
- Fixed: Translation spelling issues for incremental release codes.
- Fixed: Issue where support user would be given the incremental release code.
- Fixed: Divide by zero exception thrown when using the new Optimise dispatch feature.
- Fixed: Locked price Cab Exchange bookings which are not from iGo, now use the normal settings controlling whether the cost and or price are sent to MDTs.
- Fixed: Job preview in Android Driver Companion was showing incorrect pickup due times for active bookings due to a mixup between UTC and local time.
- Fixed: Issue causing the count of current route calculations to fail to decrement.
- Fixed: The error message "Failed to load the language file" was returned when setting the system language in Management if the language hadn't been used before.
- Fixed: When multi-company independent zones were enabled, a major rezone was rezoning address groups for all companies.
- Fixed: The first result when searching for call details is no longer dropped from every search.
- Fixed: When a booking is exchanged from Ghost via Cab Exchange, the BadgeID and Rating were not returning.
- Fixed: Issue where the Export Priced Jobs background task would not send a notification.
- Fixed: When using multi-company independent zones and sharing work between companies, advanced bookings could appear in the wrong zone in the old zone broadcast, and vehicles could appear in the wrong zone in the old and new zone broadcasts.
- Fixed: Add check on the deletion of "office to driver" documents to unsuspend any drivers that no longer need to be suspended.
- Fixed: Only users with the "Access: Privileged Features" permission can add other users to a group with this permission.
- Fixed: The surge amount for "Fixed Variable Prices" was being sent to the MDT and causing the soft meter to add to the fare. This meant that if the price was sent to the MDT, the meter showed too high a fare, and if the price was not sent and the surge was a fixed amount, the meter showed this amount instead of zero.
- Fixed: Ghost was not sending out the job dispatched events and other subsequent events if they had not already gone out before sending the end-of-journey event.
- Fixed: An exception was thrown when trying to save a new user password when the User Group ID had not been set.
- Fixed: The error message "Failed to issue credit note, invoice details could not be found" was shown
when issuing a credit note in Ghost if EBP or Sage exports were not configured.
- Fixed: Issuing a credit note in 365 failed if the invoice ID was different to the invoice number.
- Fixed: Issuing a partial credit note in 365 for more than one docket gave incorrect totals.
- Fixed: Skipped and suspended pre-bookings are now ignored for the Prevent Late Prebookings feature.
- Fixed: The zone details in Driver Companion did not match the broadcasted details.
- Fixed: When editing a booking which had been made via Cab Exchange with the wall applying surge pricing, the surge to the price/cost would be lost on recalculating the price and saving the booking.
- Fixed: The "taxable fare" and "untaxable fare" values in Sage exports for credit notes. These values
are now stored in credit note records.
- Fixed: Fee-based service charges are now taken into account when calculating the above values.
- Fixed: When using VAT mode "Add to profit and service charge" and a fee-based service charge, the docket price includes the service charge and needs to be subtracted to get the "Taxable fare" value for an invoice.
- Fixed: Issue where VO call recordings would not play once loaded.
- Fixed: Issue with generating a link to get virtual operator call recordings from Phantom.
- Fixed: Issue where the audio form would not play a VO call recording because it had no call recorder ID.
- Fixed: The warning message "Card does not match Customer" will no longer appear on bookings with a loyalty card and a special account (i.e. App Account, Cab Exchange Account, Marketplace Account, etc).
- Fixed: Due to the dispatched events being delayed while waiting for confirmation that it has been accepted, it was possible for the Cab Exchange Location Update, Vehicle Arrived and POB events to be sent out before the dispatched event. This is no longer possible as these events will be queued up and sent when the dispatched event has successfully been sent out following acceptance of the booking.
- Fixed: Null reference error if an account had its company set to a company that doesn't exist anymore.
- Fixed: When editing a dispatched booking, the stored recover penalty time was set to the same as the reject penalty time.
- Fixed: For multi-pickup bookings or when using Driver Companion, automatic soon-to-clear is no longer activated until the second to last stage of the booking has been completed.
- Fixed: Send reminder function so that it also checks for company drivers to see if it should send the reminder.
- Fixed: Document Suspended functionality so the driver cannot log back in once the document is suspended.
- Fixed: Driver document suspended message.
- Fixed: Issue where the sent date for driver documents would not update if a document was sent on a schedule rather than using the send now function.
- Fixed: Null reference when exporting to CSV or Excel.
- Fixed: The system messages "No-fare too soon", "Job recovered, Plot disabled" and "Job rejected, Plot disabled", would throw an exception if they had the wrong formatting, The system will now fall back to the default message if the formatting is incorrect.
- Fixed: When sending an email fails, retry up to 3 times waiting 3 seconds between each attempt. This is to allow for email providers which have rate limiting in sending emails.
- Fixed: Adding fees to a shouted fare now works with fare settings templates.
- Fixed: Transactions of type "Authorisation" aren't reconciled and previously this would prevent dockets from being approved. Dockets are now approved if they have at least one transactions which isn't an authorisation, and all such transactions have been reconciled.
- Fixed: When sending out an email to a passenger (using an email template), the email will now use the email address of the booking company as the sender address.