Here you will find the latest features, improvements, and bug fixes for Driver Companion (iOS).
To ensure you have the best experience using our product, we recommend updating to the latest version available.
Note: The features available to you will depend on the configuration and the current version of the Driver Companion you're using.
Job Search Code
The job code search feature allows you to search for and manually book yourself onto a booking if you have the correct job code. You can find this option in the right-hand menu.
Dual Queue Zones
You can now have dual queue zones that allow you to maintain two queue positions when entering a zone within another zone.
You can now upload documents via Driver Companion and send them to your company for verification and approval.
Prevent Late Prebookings
The prevent late prebookings feature will prevent pre-bookings from being dispatched to you which may cause you to be late for your next booking.
New zone updates will be displayed on the zones screen if your zones have been updated recently by your company.
Passenger reliability rating
You can now see if your passenger is a regular or has a good reliability rating.
Bid for Prebookings
You can now bid for pre-bookings (pre-selected future work) within the Prebookings section of Driver Companion.
You can now view help pages by tapping 'Help' in the left-hand menu.
When starting the Driver Companion app, you'll now be asked to agree to our GDPR policy before you can use the app.
Added a setting to choose between a day and night theme, or automatically based on the time of day:
Select App Theme
- Use Auto Day/Night Theme
- Use Day Theme
- Use Night Theme
Setting: Initial Job View
Added a new setting 'Initial Job View' where you can choose if the map or address should be shown first after accepting a job:
Initial Job View
- Show Map
- Show Addresses
Setting: Show distance
Added a new setting to toggle ON/OFF the distance on the zones screen:
- Show distance
Setting: Text to Speech
Added a new setting for turning on Text to Speech. If turned on Driver Companion will read out the job address and zone name using an automated voice.
Status: No Job
The status of 'No Job' will be displayed at the bottom of Driver Companion if you've been given a no job.
Depreciation: Skip Stage
The 'Skip Stage' action in the right-hand menu has been removed.
Driver/Vehicle Licenses: status icons
Documents in the Drivers/Vehicle Licenses section will now show a status icon if your document was approved, rejected, or needs updating.
Loss of GPS handling
We've improved how we calculate the distance travelled between the point when GPS was lost and the point when GPS is recovered.
You'll now see an 'Announcements' section in the left-hand menu if your company has enabled announcements for Driver Companion.
SumUp: Pay Driver Direct
Payments made using a SumUp device can now be paid directly into your personal driver account, rather than being passed through the Ghost system.
Resend pay by link
If a previous 'pay by link' fails or isn't completed by a passenger, then you can now resend the link.
Urgent message tone
The tone played when an urgent message comes through will now only last for 4 seconds.
- Fixed: When trying to complete a job, the 'Swipe to Complete' action doesn't work.
- Fixed: The 'Missed Jobs' report won't load.
- Fixed: Unable to swipe left to remove a pre-booking job from the pre-booking list.
- Fixed: When you tap to 'Remove' a pre-booking, the pre-booking stays on the screen instead of going back to the pre-booking list.
- Fixed: The job meter resets if a driver finishes a job outside of the destination area range.
- Fixed: When previewing a pre-booking, the address labels for the pick-up and destination addresses are the same.
- Fixed: When previewing a zone update, the zone name is not the same as the zone shown on the map.
- Fixed: The icon for no GPS is missing from the position information bar.
- Fixed: When you bid on a pre-booking, the booking shows in both the “To Bid” and “Assigned to Me" tabs.
- Fixed: The Earnings report isn't showing any completed jobs for the previous Monday.
- Fixed: Competed jobs on the Job History page are showing options to 'Release' and 'Cancel' the jobs.
- Fixed: A connection error is shown when using a SumUp device to take payments.
- Fixed: An error is shown when trying to bid for a pre-booking.
- Fixed: When you bid for an active job, the driver is put in reject penalty mode.
- Fixed: The 'Plot in Zone' option is missing from the zone broadcast options.
- Fixed: The 'Change username' and 'Change password' options in Driver Details don't work.
- Fixed: Tapping the 'Pay by Card' icon completes a street pick-up without making the payment.
- Fixed: The text for the 'Pay by Link' feature doesn't display correctly in Night mode.
- Fixed: Text is difficult to read while in Dark mode.
- Fixed: The destination address on an Account job is showing "As Directed" and can't be completed.
- Fixed: Unable to start 'Waiting time' again on an Account job if 'No' was selected on the 'Start waiting time' pop-up.
- Fixed: App crashing after swiping to complete a street pick-up job.
- Fixed: A 'Not available' error is shown when trying to view Driver Sheets.
- Fixed: The passenger's name is displayed twice when viewing the booking details on a job.
- Fixed: Drivers can bid for pre-bookings while offline.
- Fixed: When trying to transfer a license to a new Driver Companion device, the transfer option doesn't work and displays the same pop-up twice.