Here you will find the latest features, improvements, and bug fixes for Ghost.
To ensure you have the best experience using our product, we recommend updating to the latest version available.
Note: The features available to you will depend on the configuration and the current version of Ghost you're using.
Automatic Follow on Booking
Our system now offers an Automatic Follow on Booking mode, which allows for the automatic dispatch of jobs to drivers who are Soon To Clear.
Allowing drivers to accept follow on bookings shortly before they complete a job will improve dispatch times and offer more driver availability. When a driver is soon to clear, it will show they are eligible for Follow on Bookings. Drivers can opt out of any current follow on bookings while on their current job.
To use this setting:
- Go to Management > Settings > System > Dispatch.
- Click to change Follow on Booking mode to either Automatic or Manual and Automatic.
- Ensure Soon to Clear Mode is set to either Automatic or Manual and Automatic.
Note: The minimum version of Driver Companion Android is 2.20.8 or later.
Drivers can now automatically bid on active jobs based on criteria they set for either Zones or Capabilities. This can allow more flexibility for driver's preferences while reducing the amount of active work.
A job with multiple Autobid’s from various drivers will be sent as a job offer to one driver only. The system will use the normal bidding rules to determine which driver receives the job out of all drivers who have autobid for it.
The new options are:
Radius: Drivers can amend the distance they wish to receive Autobid job offers based on Capabilities.
Zones: Drivers can select which zones they would like to receive Autobid job offers from.
Both: Drivers can set preferences to Autobid on both radius and zones.
To use this setting:
- Go to Management > Settings > Configuration > Dispatch
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Click Autobid mode
- Set this to either Radius, Zones or Both.
- If Radius or Both is enabled, a maximum Autobid radius can be set in miles or kilometres. Leaving this off will set the distance to unlimited.
To apply the configuration to individual driver groups:
- Go to Management > Settings > Configuration > MDT Configuration Group
- Click Edit on the Group.
- Scroll down to Dispatch and customise your Autobid preferences for this group.
Note: The minimum version of Driver Companion Android is 2.20.8 or later.
Added new system messages for the following scenarios:
- Dispatched job cancelled: A driver will see this message if a job dispatched to them has been cancelled.
- Dispatched job cancelled with cost: A driver will see this message if a job dispatched to them has been cancelled and the customer has been charged.
- No Fare: A driver will see this message if a job dispatched to them has been no-fared.
- No Fare with cost: A driver will see this message if a job dispatched to them has been no-fared and the customer has been charged.
Kickback Accounts: Connecting
You can connect kickback accounts to the Accounts Portal using the cab exchange identifier options now shown in Ghost. These can be found within the Cab Exchange Options for Kickback Customers.
Automatic No Fare on Ringback
Added a new setting called 'Interactive No Fare' which lets drivers hit No Fare while on a booking to trigger a call to the passenger if they are not at the pickup location.
Note: This setting can be found within Vehicle Communications and is dependent on the 'No Fare Operator Only' setting:
If ‘No Fare Operator Only’ is set to ‘Yes’ - The ‘Interactive No Fare’ toggle will be hidden.
If ‘No Fare Operator Only’ is set to ‘No' - The ‘Interactive No Fare’ toggle is shown.
If ‘No Fare Operator Only’ is set to ‘Account Only' - The ‘Interactive No Fare’ toggle is shown.
If ‘No Fare Operator Only’ is set to ‘Cash Only' - The ‘Interactive No Fare’ toggle is shown.
This setting is useful as No Fare bookings will no longer need to be cancelled if a passenger chooses not to keep the booking.
Added a new dispatch source for Follow on Bookings.
Pay by Link: Pay rent and take payment toggles
The toggle for enabling Pay by Link for driver rent and taking passenger payments has been split into two separate toggles:
- Driver Pay By Link: Toggle ON to let drivers pay their rent using a payment link from Driver Companion.
- Passenger Pay By Link: Toggle ON to let passengers pay for a booking using a payment link sent by a driver or operator.
You can find these settings within Ghost > Management > System > Modules > Payment, under the Options section.
Note: The minimum required version of Driver Companion Android is 2.19.21 or later.
Reconciler: SumUp format
The reconciler now supports SumUp's new export format.
Reconciler: Opayo and JudoPay
The reconciler will now reconcile transactions for refunds.
Late for pre-booking notification
The late for pre-booking notification on Booking & Dispatch, now displays which driver (by callsign) might be late for their next booking if you dispatch the booking.
Export speed: Priced job report
The Priced Job Report export has had a significant performance update and export times have been reduced.
Note: Export times may vary depending on your system and network connection.
The Job History will now include cancelled and no-fared bookings.
The Change History for each booking now tracks when a job is:
- Offered: When a driver has received the job offer.
- Accepted: When a driver has accepted the job offer.
- Rejected: When the driver has rejected the job offer.
Note: The 'Dispatched' tracking type will still show for historical changes but has been replaced with 'Offered' and 'Accepted' for new changes.
Job status: Offering Job
When a job is offered to a soon-to-clear driver, the status column on the Bookings table will now say 'Offering Job' rather than 'Dispatched'.
Booking fields: Pickup Due Time (Late Prebooking)
You can now toggle ON/OFF the pickup due time booking field for late pre-bookings. Toggling this field OFF will hide the time from the job offer screen on Driver Companion, and can help to reduce rejections for late jobs.
The new toggle can be found in Vehicle Communications > Bookings > Optional Booking Fields.
Cancellation Fees: Better visibility for operators
If a passenger rings up to cancel their booking and an operator tries to cancel the booking manually, a warning message will notify the operator of any cancellation fees the passenger might receive.
This will allow the operator to inform the passenger of potential cancellation fees while still on the phone.
A new notification will be sent at 10 minute intervals to Driver Companion for any new pre-bookings available for the driver to bid on.
We have made a number of improvements to active bids:
- Active book bidding list that is sent to Driver Companion is now ordered based on allocation group.
- Bid for Active now has an option to hide duplicates.
- Active bookings are now sent for bidding one vehicle at a time.
The cost source for bookings that use dynamic pricing will no longer show the busy level.
Note: Historic bookings will still show the busy level.
Textback template emails can now support up to 100,000 characters from 25,000 previously.
Several improvements have been made to the logic of docket creation. By default the system will now use the docket insert mode for docket creation.
For Passenger App or Ebookings, the following rules will apply:
- If App/Ebooking No Fare/Cancellation charges are OFF: The system will use the docket insert mode.
- If App/Ebooking No Fare/Cancellation charges are ON: A docket will be created if a cancellation fee was applied. It will not create a docket if the charges were not applied. If there was a payment transaction associated with the booking it will still be created.
- For App/Ebookings with payment sent to Cash, the system will always use docket insert mode for cancellation and no fare dockets.
- Fixed: Auto-approval Job recipes for cash bookings are ignored when a cash booking is made on the Passenger App and E-booker.
- Fixed: Address search results are displayed in the wrong order after creating new zones.
- Fixed: When viewing a historical booking and sending a booking receipt using CTRL+F8 ‘Send Booking Receipt’ and selecting ‘Send as PDF’, if the booking has a signature captured the receipt fails and throws the error ‘Parameter is not valid.’
- Fixed: A 'Bad request - booking has been dispatched or cancelled' error message is displayed when a driver has been requested for an advanced booking.
- Fixed: Users can reprice a booking even if the 'Auto Reprice When Editing Mode' is set to 'None'.
- Fixed: Dockets for no-fare jobs are missing the 'Time completed' field or timestamp.
- Fixed: Invoice totals are showing incorrectly when gratuity has been added to a job/docket or the VAT mode is set to 'Add to service charge'.
- Fixed: When a user changes the AutoComplete field on a booking, it isn’t logged into the booking change history.
- Fixed: Cancellation fees are applied when a customer is still within the allowed cancellation time.
- Fixed: Bookings cancelled before dispatch wrongly having the price and cost changed to cancellation charge instead of 0.
- Fixed: The 'Save' button is disabled when trying to edit a return journey for an advanced booking via global search.
- Fixed: When a driver takes a booking payment using the Pay by Link QR code, the price and cost shown on Ghost do not match the meter fare.
- Fixed: A driver's rent payment is not showing on their driver sheet on Driver Companion if the payment source type is 'DriverOneTimePayment'.
- Fixed: When a surge price is manually applied to an app booking, the booking quote panel removes the surge price.
- Fixed: When using the Google address search in Canada, some address details are removed from the results.
- Fixed: The wrong tariff is used when selecting an address in a zone that uses another company to make the booking.
- Fixed: Ghost doesn't know the difference between Kosovo landline and mobile numbers and is causing Textback to work incorrectly.
- Fixed: Driver rent payments using Pay by Link are showing as duplicates in driver account transactions.
- Fixed: The 'Offering Job' status is not working correctly when manually dispatching a job.
- Fixed: The map marker icon is missing for vehicles in the "Offering Job" state.
- Fixed: Issue causing driver pay in transactions to fail to be copied to accounts server.
- Fixed: Remove notification on Driver Companion when a pay by link payment fails.
- Fixed: Issue where follow on booking would not return details for jobs that were in the job offering state.
- Fixed: Judopay pay by link failed payment landing page producing an error.
- Fixed: Skipped and suspended bookings preventing a driver from doing other bookings.
- Fixed: Issue with pay outs changing the outstanding amount in driver accounts.
- Fixed: Destination, pickup and cost were not always being shown on iGo bookings for active and prebook bids.